Are you a health freak on the lookout for a green superfood supplement that will leave you feeling energized in a few short weeks? Is Amazing Grass Green filled with a good variety of high quality powder? All the great reviews are helpful but what do you get for your money?
Find out in this review…
Amazing Grass Green Superfood (AGGS) is the flagship product of Amazing Grass. It is a popular blend which is a mix of wheat grass, our alkalizing farm-fresh greens, wholesome fruits and veggies, antioxidants, and not to mention – nutrient-dense superfoods!
AGGS house a well-rounded antioxidant profile, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and fiber count making it a comprehensive product. The AGGS listing of ingredients embraces a solid emphasis on high-quality grasses and organic ingredients:
- Greens: Wheat grass, alfalfa grass, barley grass, chlorella, broccoli, spirulina, spinach
- Fibers: Apple pectin, flax seed
- Berries: Acai, beet, maca, rose hips, carrot, raspberry, green tea, pineapple, acerola cherry
- Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics: F.O.S (a prebiotic), protease, lipase, cellulase, lactase, L. acidophilus, amylase, protease
Taste and Texture
Taste is very subjective. Though there is an array of greens-based products on the markets today, you will find that the earthier the product’s taste, the better.
AGGS definitely won’t win you over with its grassy taste alone; it is highly earthy, gritty and holds rich texture. In time, you may acquire a taste for AGGS, but then again – most people won’t.
Most people are so accustomed to sweetened foods that the transition to a nutrient-dense drinking food diet is quite an adjustment. For those trying out greens powders for the first time, try to take them with smoothies | juices to help you be a step closer to getting accustomed to their taste. Add natural sweeteners to your superfood mix and you surely will enjoy it.
On the Amazing Grass website, there is a detailed recipes section where customers have a platform to review the recipes they have tried. The section presents an insight into the different ways that you can have your AGGS – in the case that you do not want to enjoy it by itself.
Amazing Grass’ superfood mixtures product line avails different flavors (lemon lime | orange creamsicle | berry) – which all are great alternatives for all those who prefer a little more flavor to the regular wheatgrass.
Now, for AGGS’ value – this is by far the most challenging section to review. Why? It is close to impossible to make comparisons of apples-to-apples because each product holds a unique array of ingredients.
So what’s left to do? Though it is not an exact science, you can determine the worth of the product by considering:
- The quality of the listed ingredients
- The nutritional categories (antioxidants, superfoods, enzymes, probiotics, e.t.c.)
- How much each serving packs, in terms of grams
Only then – can you take note of the cost-per-serving!
AGGS costs about $20.89 for a 30-servings supply (equitable to a mere $1 per each serving). At a glance, this is fair pricing as most of the products in the pool of superfoods embrace a pricing range of about $2-$4 per each serving.
Note – each serving accounts for a total of 8 grams of nutrition. AGGS generally holds a decent value at about $1 per each serving. You can do a whole lot worse!
If you’d like to see more including customer reviews, pricing and additional information – see more on Amazon
- High-quality product esteemed for its impeccable superfood profile. The product’s nutrient density does not constitute of any juices or powders – and it is very occasional to procure a superfood concoction without juice | powder additions.
- The product does not pack a lecithin load – which will appease certain superfood powder consumers. Some of the consumers prefer not to have this constituent in their greens’ powders.
- Green tea, spirulina, acai, chlorella, broccoli, and acerola cherries are all healthy and worthy green drink additions
- Amazing Grass’ excellent company culture, genuineness, and no-hype marketing, as well as its extensive product line
- A fair and fantastic price! You will have to part with about $20.89 for a 30-day supply of the product – which is a pretty competitive price in the pool of superfood powders.
- For those trying out green drinks for the first time, the product’s taste may have you look elsewhere.
- The ingredients’ listing, on the product specs label, fails to disclose how much of each nutrient you are sourcing.
- At a dollar per serving, the value is real good – but you ONLY get to source superfoods, probiotics, enzymes, antioxidants, and a smattering of fiber. Ideally, the product packs no protein content and merely 30 calories. It is not a worthy meal replacement alternative.
Does it Work?
And of course, to wrap up the review with the most vital observation of all – does AGGS have any beneficial aspects?
Yes. Indulging a daily intake of the 30-day supply gets you into the position where it only takes about 8 days for the results to spawn. AGGS supports the sustenance of energy levels and mental acuity. Well, it is difficult to pinpoint the causality for these aspects – but it certainly does not hurt!
AGGS is perhaps the best-formulated product line among in the pool of superfood mixtures and is a good option for those looking to acclimate themselves to green drinks.
As per the customer reviews, the company has impeccable customer service and build on original products with ingredients that make them very distinct.
Not for you? Perhaps the next green superfood powder in our line up – Green Vibrance – will be better suited towards your needs. To see our take on the product, be sure to see our Green Vibrance Review.